Home   Sport   Article

A draw and defeat extends Diss’ run without a victory

POOR WEEK: Shaun Hunsdon takes a tumble during the loss to Whitton
POOR WEEK: Shaun Hunsdon takes a tumble during the loss to Whitton



Diss Town 2

Whitton United 2

Diss’ poor form continued on Saturday as the threw away a two-goal lead to share the spoils with Whitton at Brewers Green Lane.

The Tangerines, who went into the encounter without a victory from their previous six outings, actually started brightly and they were rewarded with a 15th-minute opener.

It looked difficult for Adam Burroughs to score with his free-kick, but he managed to send the ball around the Whitton wall and inside the far post.

The striker scored again 11 minutes from time, which seemingly sealed all three points.

On this occasion, he latched on to Joe Manning’s through pass to slot home.

However, the Suffolk visitors rallied in the final 10 minutes with goals from Joshua Cheetham and Matthew Percy to frustrate the home team and their supporters.

n On Tuesday, Ross Potter’s side failed to move out of ninth position following a 4-2 defeat at Downham Town.

The visitors fell two goals behind early on as Ben Fenn and Matt Bussens found the back of the net for Downham.

Diss were level by the 37th minute courtesy of goals from Charlie Webb and Shaun Hunsdon.

Downham went back in front before the break with Andy Willmott’ long-range effort and they added a fourth in the second half when Bussens struck for a second time.

n Diss host Halstead Town tomorrow (3pm), before travelling to struggling Leiston Reserves on Wednesday (7.45pm).

n Framlingham Town suffered a 3-1 loss at the home of promotion-hunting Coggeshall Town on Saturday.

Josce Syret put the home team in front, but John Kerridge equalised for The Castlemen soon after.

Coggeshall claimed the points with further goals from Tom Colville and Daniel McCullock.

Mel Aldis’ team take on Needham Market Reserves tonight (7.45pm) and travel to King’s Lynn Town Reserves on Tuesday (7.45pm).

n Framlingham’s attacking midfielder Max Willett came off the bench during Suffolk FA Under-18s’ 3-1 win away at their Norfolk counterparts on Tuesday evening.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More