Home   News   Article

Woman suffers smoke inhalation after mobile home blaze in Eye


A woman has been treated for smoke inhalation after a mobile home blaze in Eye.

Fire crews from Stradbroke and Diss attended the property, in Cranley Green Road, just before 4pm.

On arrival the crews found a mobile home heavily smoke logged and after isolating both the electricity and gas supplies, set up a water fog spray to deal with the fire.

A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “One female occupier was given oxygen therapy as she was suffering from smoke inhalation from the fire.

“Wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet the crews extinguished the fire.

“A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the premises of smoke and a thermal imaging camera used to check for any remaining hot spots.”

The fire was under control by 4.33pm.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More