Graham Minshull appointed as new chairman of South Norfolk Council
Former Diss town councillor Graham Minshull was appointed as chairman of South Norfolk Council last week.
Mr Minshull who was the mayor of Diss in 2012, spoke of his delight at the appointment.
“It’s a great honour to be selected and my job now is to bang the drum for south Norfolk, Diss and Roydon,” said the 53-year-old.
At the same meeting Councillor John Fuller was re-elected as South Norfolk Council leader.
Councillor Fuller said: “I am very proud to have been re-elected as leader of South Norfolk Council. I am also very proud that the great work we are doing is being recognised nationally. This year we have been shortlisted for a national award as Most Commercial Council and we have been re-accredited with Investors in People Platinum; a level that has only been achieved by one other council."
Councillor Fuller also announced his new Cabinet team.
Into the Cabinet comes Councillor Alison Thomas who represents Stratton and will lead on Finance and Resources.
The new Cabinet is:
- John Fuller, Leader with responsibility for Economy, External Affairs and Policy
- Alison Thomas with responsibility for Finance and Resources
- Yvonne Bendle, Health, Housing and Wellbeing
- Lisa Neal, Planning and Economic Growth
- Keith Kiddie, who is responsible for Regulatory and Environmental Excellence
- Kay Mason Billig as Deputy Leader and for Stronger Communities and Governance
Councillor Minshull also named the charities that he would be supporting during his time in office. They are: Muscular Dystrophy UK and The Royal Anglian Regiment Benevolent Charity.
More by this authorVictoria Scheer