Travellers leave Diss Park ahead of court action
A group of travellers has left Diss park before a council began court action.
The caravans appeared on Diss Park, next to the Mere, at about 2pm on Thursday, May 2.
A Diss Town Council spokeswoman, said on Friday it had given notice to the travellers to leave the site by the end of Tuesday, or county court action would follow.
Around eight caravans had set up camp on the edge of the 6 acre park.
It is understood the travellers left the park today.
The spokeswoman said on Friday, the travellers had been polite and amenable to the requests of the police and council and there have been no reports of any anti-social behaviour.
More by this authorChris Morris