Travellers have until the end of Tuesday to leave Diss Park or face court action
A group of travellers has until the end of Tuesday to leave Diss Park or face court action.
Around 10 caravans appeared on Diss Park, next to the Mere, at about 2pm on Thursday, May 2.
The six-acre park is owned by Diss Town Council, and hosts a children's area and public toilets, Diss Pavilion and picnic benches.
A town council spokeswoman, said today: "The town council is aware of the travelling community on Diss Park and is working closely with partners, Norfolk Police and South Norfolk District Council.
"A notice to leave has been issued to the travelling community today requesting that they vacate the Park by the end of Tuesday.
"This is the first step to invoking Part 55 of the civil procedures rules allowing landowners to regain possession of their land.
"If the travellers do not leave the site by the end of Tuesday, the town council will then begin action against the unauthorised travellers through the county court.
"The travellers have been polite and amenable to the requests of the police and council until now and there have been no reports of any anti-social behaviour."
A police spokesperson said they had been made aware of the travellers on the site, that officers had made a visit, and that the landowners would be assisted if any action is to be taken.