PICTURES: Diss resident praises emergency services after Land Rover bursts into flames outside home
A Diss resident has praised the “brilliantly quick” response of the emergency services after a Land Rover burst into flames outside her home.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and Norfolk Constabulary were called to reports of a vehicle fire in Sunnyside at about 4.39pm on Monday.
A fire crew from the town attended, using hose reel jets and breathing equipment, and had the blaze under control by 5.30pm.
The incident took place close to the home of Jan Weedon — who told the Diss Express the incident could have been “a lot worse” if it was not for the quick thinking of the fire service and police.
“We had been shopping and got a call from a neighbour that a Land Rover was on fire very close to our cottage,” she said.
“The driver said that his car stalled then restarted but he pulled over onto the end of our drive as smoke was issuing from the bonnet.
He got his dog out and there was a loud bang, and it was full on fire
“He got his dog out and there was a loud bang, and it was full on fire .
“The emergency services were brilliantly quick to respond — it was lucky as petrol and liquefied petroleum gas involved and it could have been so much worse.”
No one was reported to have been hurt in the incident.