Home   News   Article

Man who threw rocks at moving cars on Norfolk-Suffolk border sentenced




A 25-year-old man, who threw rocks at moving cars on the Norfolk-Suffolk border, was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Monday, November 18.

Aaron Hurley, of Hardley Road, Langley, was sentenced to a three-year community order with a requirement to receive mental health treatment.

He was also banned from driving for 12 months, ordered to pay an £85 victim surcharge and ordered to complete a 20-day rehabilitation activity requirement.

Hurley was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court last week.
Hurley was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court last week.

Police received reports that rocks or objects had been thrown at vehicles from an oncoming car between May and June this year in various villages and towns along the A146, A143 and the B1062.

Hurley admitted three counts of causing danger to other road users in relation to incidents on the A140, the A47 and the A143, but denied a fourth count in relation to an incident on the A143 at Thorpe Abbots when he appeared at Norwich Magistrates’ Court earlier this year.

Between his arrest and sentencing, Hurley chose to work with the Operation Converter Team and went on to admit 91 further offences.

Gemma Wiles with a picture of her Skoda after the driver’s side was hit by a rock. Picture by Mark Bullimore.
Gemma Wiles with a picture of her Skoda after the driver’s side was hit by a rock. Picture by Mark Bullimore.

READ MORE: I was scared for my life, says driver after rock thrown at car at Norfolk/Suffolk border

Commenting on the sentencing, Detective Constable Barry Simpson said: “For the investigating officers, to be able to update their respective victims with the news that Hurley had not specifically targeted them or their vehicles will hopefully provide a conclusion to this spate of identical crimes.”


Read more

More by this author



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More