Home   News   Article

Hedgehog rescued by firefighter in Kenninghall dies from its injuries


A trapped hedgehog which was freed by a firefighter using a makeshift pair of tongs on a Kenninghall building site has died from its injuries.

The animal had become stuck between two pipes in a plastic water meter box at the new housing development in School Road on Monday.

A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Builders working on the site spotted it and had called the RSPCA but attempts to rescue it had been unsuccessful.

“A fire officer from Thetford attended the site and used some makeshift tongs to ease the hedgehog past the restriction, and free it. Then it was passed into the care of the RSPCA.”

But a spokesperson for the RSPCA told the Diss Express today the animal had died from its injuries.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More