Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Four treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after glamping incident




Four people have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning while glamping.

Two fire crews, two ambulances and a rapid response car were called to the incident, which happened in a tent along Nick's Lane in Brome.

Suffolk Fire Service found the source of the leak, which was a gas heater that had been left on, after being called to the scene at 4.44am this morning.

Suffolk Fire crews
Suffolk Fire crews

Four people were treated for carbon monoxide inhalation by fire crews until an ambulance arrived.

The occupants of the tent were treated by the ambulance service onsite and did not require hospital treatment.

Fire crews, which had been deployed from Eye and Diss, left the scene at 5.39am.

Official camping advice relating to gas from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service is as follows:

  • Turn off all appliances when you go out or go to bed.
  • Don’t use petrol or paraffin to light a solid fuel stove.
  • • Keep flammable liquids (such as petrol and gas cylinders)
  • outside and away from children.
  • • Only change gas cylinders when they’re completely
  • empty and store them away from caravans and vehicles.
  • • Make sure the gas pipe connection is secure.
  • If you suspect a leak, turn off the main cylinder valve.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More