Former Diss pupil loses bid to take legal fight against Boris Johnson to Supreme Court
The former Diss High School pupil who is trying to prosecute Boris Johnson over claims the now Prime Minister lied during the 2016 EU referendum - has lost his bid to take his case to the Supreme Court.
Marcus Ball accused Mr Johnson of "abusing public trust" by claiming that the NHS could get £350m extra a week after Brexit.
Marcus Ball attempted to bring a private prosecution over the claim which had appeared on the side of a bus in the run up to the 2016 refrendum vote.
Mr Ball, who attended Diss High School sixth form between 2006 and 2008, claims that the figure was incorrect and that Johnson had known this.
The High Court threw out his case in June - but Mr Ball applied for leave to appeal to the Supreme Court.
On Wednesday, Lady Justice Rafferty also rejected that application.
Mr Johnson's lawyers have always rejected claims he acted improperly or dishonestly in any way.
Mr Ball can still apply directly to the Supreme Court for permission to appeal.
The £350m figure was used by the pro-Brexit Vote Leave group during the referendum.
It also appeared on the side of a campaign bus, which urged the UK to "fund our NHS instead".
Mr Ball crowdfunded more than £390,000 for legal fees to fight the case.
He hoped to prosecute the Tory MP and ex-Mayor of London on three counts of misconduct in public office.
However, the High Court said last month it was not proved Mr Johnson had been acting in a public office.
After today's ruling Mr Ball said he would not be giving up.
More by this authorChris Morris