Flotmen flounder as Shotguns shine
Shotguns A managed a 7-3 win with just two players against Flotmen in the Diss and District League Premier Division.
Kieran Brady was the closest to a win, taking the first two legs against David Mortlock, but Mortlock came back and won the decider 14-12.
This was the game of the night with the others all finishing in straight sets.
Dickleburgh B side hosted a visit from a strong Golden Eagles side for a First Division clash.
John Williams helped the Eagles to a 7-3 victory winning all of his three games.
Only young Nathaniel Strange was able to nick a set from Williams.
Apart from this, Strange had a great evening, putting Roland Purdy and Kit Marsden to the sword, with some great play.
His father, Pete, managed Dickleburgh’s only other win, in straight sets against Purdy.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west