Diss boss expects a reaction
Diss Town manager Richard Daniels has warned his side they will need to be much improved if they are to progress to the Norfolk Senior Cup semi-finals.
The Tangerines travel to Cabbell Park tomorrow (2.30pm) for a twice-rearranged quarter-final replay, days after being held to a goalless draw by their Anglian Combination Premier Division opponents after 120 minutes.
And after seeing the Crabs arguably deserve victory at Brewers Green Lane, Daniels, who kept his players locked in the changing room for 25 minutes after the match, is well aware his side can’t afford a repeat performance if they are to fulfil their dream of a showpiece final appearance at Norwich City’s Carrow Road.
“I have to apologise to the fans for the performance on Saturday because they shouldn’t have to see a Diss team play like that,” he said.
“Fair play to Cromer, they earned the replay, but hopefully the players will put on a much-improved performance to get us through to the semi-finals.
“The only pluses for myself from Saturday is that we are still in the competition and that we will go there in the replay with a clean bill of health and be a stronger side.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- Firefighters called to straw fire in south Norfolk
- Martial arts opportunity aids therapy for 12-year-old Diss Tourette’s sufferer
- Smallest library in Suffolk celebrates tenth anniversary
- Local college raises nearly £800 through sale of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for Royal family-supported charity EACH
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east