Man admits horse sex attack in Redenhall

CCTV images of man wanted in connection with Redenhall horse attack ANL-150909-104943001

CCTV images of man wanted in connection with Redenhall horse attack ANL-150909-104943001

0
Have your say

A married father-of-three has admitted sexually attacking a horse in Redenhall.

Alan Blackman, 31, of no fixed address, had been charged with trespass with the intent to commit a sexual offence and attempted intercourse with a horse on August 6.

He was arrested after the animal was found injured and in need of veterinary treatment at farm stables in Redenhall on August 6.

Norfolk Police circulated CCTV images of a man seen at the stables in the moments leading up the attack.

He admitted the offences as he appeared via video link at Norwich Crown Court on Monday.

Judge Stephen Holt adjourned sentencing until October 23.

He said: “This is clearly a case where a psychiatric report would assist the court.

“You have pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity but the court needs to know more about you.”

After the Norfolk Police appeal for information last month, removals man Blackman wrote on Facebook, protesting his innocence.

He said people were “putting my name to a face which isn’t me” and starting online speculation.

Blackman was remanded in custody until his next appearance