I wish to thank a good samaritan who came to my family’s aid during a shopping trip to Diss on July 6.
My mother, three-year- old son Ruben and I were involved in an incident at the Aldi store, where Ruben got his arm wedged in the automatic doors, causing bruising and him to scream very loudly.
We called for assistance from a member of staff who appeared to be phased by the incident and did not readily offer first aid. Fortunately another customer saw the incident and offered assistance, suggesting to the staff member that he give Ruben some sweets to placate him,but this was not acted upon, so she bought some herself to give to him.
Although we briefly thanked the lady, we failed to get her name or contact details, so if that lady is reading this I would like to convey our heartfelt appreciation for her prompt and very practical intervention.
Having subsequently been in touch with Aldi’s management, I am pleased to say that the store took this incident very seriously and have already taken steps to ensure that such a situation does not recur.
Happily Ruben did not suffer any long-term damage to his arm.