Sunnyside stop-off for man on a mission
Members of Diss Salvation Army were out in force at their Sunnyside church on Tuesday to welcome a man on a challenging 18-month sponsored charity walk across the UK.
Seventy-year-old Andy Peddle, dressed in top hat and tails, started his walk in the Shetland Islands last May and is visiting as many Salvation Army churches, lifehouses and charity shops as he can in the UK.
He hopes to raise £100,000 for the charity’s work with the homeless and victims of human trafficking. MDEP-12-03-13-006
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east