Suffolk firefighters in equipment boost
High-quality flood suits have now been made available to all frontline firefighters in Suffolk.
As part of the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service’s Flood Enhancement Programme, local firefighters were able to try on the new suits for the first time at an official launch at Needham Market Fire Station on Friday.
The flood suits, provided by Safequip, are two-piece garment which, when worn with additional protective clothing, allow the wearer to perform water and bank-based rescues.
This provides the service with an enhanced capability and, together with the more specialist water rescue-trained crews at fire stations in Ipswich, Lowestoft and Bury, fire crews all over Suffolk will now be able to support and carry out water-related rescues from flooding and other similar situations.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west