Sign up to this year’s Great East Swim
Now’s your chance to sign up to the Great East Swim taking place at Alton Water in Suffolk.
Now in its fifth year, the Great East Swim is an open-water swim designed for swimmers of all abilities with four different distances on offer.
These swims include the ½ mile, one-mile, two-mile or five-kilometre for those who are more experienced, making it a real family event.
Since its launch in 2009, more than 6500 people have taken part in the Great East Swim.
It is estimated that it has benefited the local economy by about £1.85million.
Alongside the Great East Swim, there are also a variety of activities and events on offer on the day - June 22.
These include free have-a-go sports, an impressive farmers’ market with lots of local produce to try and buy, and live entertainment.
Prospective participants have until the beginning of June to secure a place.
To find out more or to sign up, visit: http://www.greatswim.org/events/great-east-swim/default.aspx
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west