Seven fire crews called to extinguish fire at mid-terraced cottage in Shimpling
Seven fire crews were called to Shimpling yesterday after a fire broke out in a mid-terraced cottage.
Crews from Diss, Harleston, Long Stratton, Attleborough, Norwich and Gorleston as well as a control unit from Wymondham were called to Pug Street just after 9am.
They wore breathing apparatus and used main and hose reels jets to extinguish the fire. They also removed the roof tiles to prevent the fire from spreading to the other properties.
A woman was treated for smoke inhalation and firefighters rescued two dogs.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west