Sausage roll hot cabinet causes fire at Harleston bakery
Three fire crews were called to extinguish a fire at a bakery in Harleston earlier today, started by a hot cabinet used to heat sausage rolls.
The fire broke out at The Tudor Bakehouse in Market Place, but was put out by one of the bakers using a fire extinguisher before the arrival of the crews.
Staff evacuated the building while the smoke cleared but are now back in the shop.
Firefighters from Harleston, Diss and Long Stratton were called to the bakery just after 12.30pm.
A thermal image camera was used to check for hot spots and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the building of smoke.
The businesses is open and operating as usual.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North