Sales, markets and open days abound
Local organisations getting into the swing of a busy programme of events were captured by Diss Express photographer Mark Bullimore last weekend.
Roydon Early Years group was making money out of other people’s unwanted items last Saturday when its jumble sale at the village hall raised £300.
The volunteer helpers were raising funds to take the group’s children, aged two to five, on their annual outing to Banham Zoo.
Attleborough Heritage Group was also busy last Saturday with an open day at Soma House, Station Road. The group houses a collection of vintage postcards, pictures, old deeds, plans and maps related to the town.
The collection is free to view at open days on Thursdays, from 9.30am to 3.30pm, and once a month on Saturdays throughout the summer. For information, see www.attleboroughheritage.org.uk
And at Metfield last Saturday, the regular farmers’ market offered a variety of stalls selling local produce and seasonal goods. Stallholder Jo Castleton-White had a display of Spring plants and bulbs to offer shoppers.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west