Repair work to Diss Museum begins
Work on repairs to Diss Museum in the Market Place began last Friday. Lee Hurrell of Ixworth, Historic Restoration Specialists, will be carrying out the repairs.
The first task was to remove the existing plasterboard dry lining from the internal face of the south wall. The brickwork behind this was where a large damp patch was discovered behind a display cabinet last winter. The brickwork pointing was found to be poor condition, with some bricks deteriorated. This has been corrected, however where a small section of the east internal wall was exposed this was found to be in good condition as was the rest of the south wall.
Small sections of the external cement render are now being removed to ascertain the condition of the brickwork on the external aspect.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west