Regional prizes for musical pupils
Two Debenham High School pupils held their own against other talented musicians from across East Anglia to win prizes in the district final of the Rotary Young Musician competition, held in Cambridge last weekend.
Olivia da Costa came first in the instrumental category, while Molly Hazelwood was runner-up in the voice category. Both now go forward to the Regional Final in Buckinghamshire on March 24, 2013, and if successful there, will compete in the national final.
The Year 10 pupils were sponsored by Debenham’s local Rotary Club, High Suffolk.
The Young Musician competition is one of many initiatives promoted by Rotary International in Britain and Ireland, designed to support young people and encourage their success.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 25 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East