Pupils scoop Royal British Legion poetry prize
Two of a north Suffolk high school’s young poets have been honoured by the Royal British Legion.
The award for the Stradbroke High School pupils was for best original war poem.
First prize went to Rebecca Foster-Clarke, for her work called A Soldier’s Plea.
Second prize went to Hollie Hunter, for her work called Lonely.
Both pupils are in Year 9 at the school.
Michael Burton, of the Stradbroke branch of the Legion, presented the prizes - book vouchers.
The war veterans’ organisation runs a number of competitions to keep alive the memory of those that gave their life in conflict.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west