Pupils prepare for Christmas nativity
Reception and Year 1 pupils at Stradbroke Primary School have been finding out about day and night.
The 21 pupils, who are taught by Helen Sanders and Emma Hill with help from teaching assistant Karen Hillen, have been looking at nocturnal animals and have been reading Owl Babies and Night Monkey, Day Monkey to find out more.
They have also enjoyed playing in a dark den in their classroom, using torches to see.
The pupils have started rehearsing for their Christmas nativity, Busy, Busy, Bethlehem.
They will be taking on the roles of angels, shepherds, innkeepers, market stall holders and animals.
Mrs Sanders, said: “They have settled in very well after half term and have made a good start to the year.
“They are enjoying learning the songs and rehearsing for our Christmas play.”
The pupils will also be making Christmas decorations to go in the school hall and Christmas cards and calendars to take home with them.
n Would you like to be our next Class of the Week? Email email@example.com with your school details.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west