Proposed appointment of new chief constable to be reviewed in public this week
The proposed appointment of the new chief constable for Suffolk will be reviewed by the Police and Crime Panel on Friday.
The county’s police and crime commissioner (PCC), Tim Passmore, and chief executive of the office of the PCC, Christopher Jackson, will attend the confirmation hearing along with the candidate, Douglas Paxton.
They will be on hand to answer any questions panel members may have as they discuss the appointment.
The panel will then make a recommendation to the PCC as to whether or not the candidate should be appointed.
The hearing, which is held in public, starts at 1.30pm in the council chamber at Endeavour House, Ipswich.
The papers for the meeting are available at: http://committeeminutes.suffolkcc.gov.uk/searchResult.aspx?qry=c_committee~~Police%20and%20Crime%20Panel%20(Joint%20Committee)
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- Firefighters called to straw fire in south Norfolk
- Martial arts opportunity aids therapy for 12-year-old Diss Tourette’s sufferer
- Smallest library in Suffolk celebrates tenth anniversary
- Local college raises nearly £800 through sale of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for Royal family-supported charity EACH
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east