Police warning to rat run drivers in Diss
Drivers who ignore access-only signs in order to enter a new housing estate in Diss are being warned they could face a £30 fine.
Officers from the Diss Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will be conducting regular high-visibility patrols along Mission Road following complaints the road is being used as a cut-through.
Police will be advising drivers about the rules concerning access only signs and will begin issuing fines if the problem persists.
Diss beat manager PC James Stables, said: “People appear to be using this road to enter the new estate. However, they are not only committing an offence but also causing annoyance and danger to those who live there.”
To contact the Diss SNT call 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west