The chairman of Tharston and Hapton Parish Council has revealed she is “holding fire” on her complaint to South Norfolk Council over the way a bid for funding was handled.
The Diss Express reported last week how Fiona Lambert intended to lodge a formal complaint to the council.
A bid for a £82,850 Capital Grant to help build a new village hall was shortlisted, but Mrs Lambert received an email in December stating their application did not meet criteria and she would not be required to present at a growth and localism meeting.
Hours later, an email was sent to the parish clerk apologising for the error.
A final decision will be made on their bid by cabinet on February 10.
“We put our points forward, that the process had not been fair and the criteria had not been applied,” Mrs Lambert said, after meeting with South Norfolk Council chief executive Sandra Dinneen.
“Sandra reiterated the decision would be made by cabinet on February 10 and what the committee has proposed was only a proposal and not set in stone,”
Mrs Lambert said she was hoping to meet a South Norfolk Council representative to amend their bid, which could include a leisure facility.