Pantomime a tribute to chairman of Mere Players
Amateur dramatics group the Mere Players have paid tribute to their chairman Steve Humfress who died suddenly last month, and have vowed to make the pantomime he was directing a show to be proud of.
The group, who are due to perform Cindy-Ella later this month, which was being directed by Mr Humfress when he passed away on December 4, said: “At the wishes of his family, accomplished directors Karen Ball and Alistair Baker have taken over. The Players have put all their energy and enthusiasm into the production and it promises to be one of their best ever.
“Anyone who knew Steve will remember that he had an ear for a great tune - and a bad joke - so they will see why he chose Cindy-Ella as it is packed full of both.”
The show will be going ahead as usual at Diss Corn Hall next Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, January 16 to 19. Performances start at 7.30pm with a matinee next Saturday at 2.30pm. Tickets cost £9 or £8 from 01379 6522241 or Stodels Optometrist in Mere Street.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North