Mystery Diss organisation donates £5,000 to Borderhoppa campaign
The Borderhoppa campaign has had a good start to the New Year following a donation for £5,000 from a mystery Diss organisation.
The organisation, which has asked to remain anonymous, was thanked for its “generous donation” by vice chairman and volunteer driver Geoff Doggett.
The donation has taken the amount in the fundraising pot to just over £11,000.
The Diss Express campaign aims to raise £25,000 which will be matched pound-for-pound by the trustees of The Borderhoppa, to buy a new specially modified bus, which will be used to provide transport for people living in rural locations who have no access to a car or other public transport.
The charity, which also organises regular outings, took residents from Paddock House residential home in Eye to see a pantomime in Ipswich on December 27 and 28.
To make a donation to the campaign, or to join the New Bus Club, a monthly lottery draw raising funds for the cause, call the office on 01379 854800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west