Man ‘ejected’ from car on A140 in north Suffolk following collision in Brome
A man sustained serious injuries in a collision on the A140 that left several junctions near Eye closed for hours.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 2.20pm after a crash involving a black Audi and a blue Suzuki.
The 73-year-old man, who was driving the Suzuki, was ejected from his seat, and landed in the road near to the junction of the B1077.
An air ambulance, land ambulance, police and fire crews attended the scene.
The man sustained serious chest injuries.
He was transferred to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital by land ambulance for further treatment.
The three occupants of the Audi, including a three-year-old boy, suffered minor injuries.
The Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) also attended the scene.
The SARS volunteer doctor was in Thornham Magna at the time, but reached the incident at 2.32pm.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west