Local clubs share in Olympic legacy
Two local projects are among sports groups in the East to share in £1.4million of investment from Sport England’s Olympic and Paralympic legacy programme.
The Norfolk Gliding Club, at Tibenham Airfield, receives £50,000 for improvements to its clubhouse, while Debenham Village Hall and Playing Field Trust gets £39,213 towards refurbishing its outdated lighting system.
Norfolk Gliding Club director Graham Ashworth said the grant was “a marvellous boost for the club” and will enable refurbishment of the clubhouse and briefing room, including installing a water and sewerage treatment plant.
At Debenham, chairman of trustees Suzie Morley said a new energy efficient lighting system will enable large savings on energy bills and improve visibility on the courts for a range of sports.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west