Inquest into death of 22-month-old toddler from Kenninghall opens tomorrow
An inquest into the death of a 22-month-old toddler from Kenninghall who is believed to have died in a tragic accident will open in Norwich tomorrow.
The coroner has named the toddler as Edward Criddle.
It is understood he died following a collision with a pick-up truck just before 4pm on Thursday at the family farm, run by the Wood family, off Fersfield Road, Kenninghall.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Norfolk Constabulary said they believed the death was the result of a tragic accident.
Detective Inspector Andy Coller said: “Our investigations are continuing with officers working closely with the Health and Safety Executive, however, at this time all indications are that this appears to have been a tragic accident.
“We have a specialist officer lending support to the family at this very difficult time and this will continue.”
The inquest will be opened by coroner William Armstrong.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
- Local inn scoops ‘excellence’ award
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East