Hope for future of closed north Suffolk pub
The owners of an historic pub in north Suffolk are in talks with the district council in a bid to reopen it.
Nick and Stacey Paine, who gave “time, money and love” to keep The Angel Inn in Debenham open before its closure last month, hope that something can be arranged with Mid Suffolk District Council that would enable someone to reopen the 400-year-old pub.
This could either involve downsizing, or getting a new landlord to run the premises.
The couple said they had to close the pub because it had ceased to be viable as a business.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west