Firefighters called to rescue man in 70s trapped in car
Firefighters were called to rescue a man in his 70s trapped in a car in Carleton Rode this morning following a two-car collision.
Crews from Attleborough and Wymondham were called to Upgate Street just after 9.30am.
They used enhanced heavy rescue equipment and small gear to release the man.
The man was treated on scene by paramedics for back pain and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Police were also called to the scene.
- Traffic queues in Diss after van is impaled on barrier
- Cameron hopes to become new King of Carrow Road
- Young south Norfolk woman jailed for Centre Parcs theft she allowed colleagues to be under suspicion for
- Child taken to hospital following collision with car in Diss
- Tributes flood in as north Suffolk village loses its second community champion in the space of a few months
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east