Fifty years of happiness for north Suffolk couple
A couple who live in the same village they met in more than 55 years ago are celebrating their golden wedding.
Lily and Brian Goddard of Market Weston were married in the village church on November 17, 1962. They met at the shop corner where they used to go with their friends and would meet four times a week to go for a walk around the village. The couple, now 70 and 74, have three children and seven grandchildren. They live at the farm where they worked with Mr Goddard’s father for many years and said their secret to a long and happy marriage was give and take.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west