A jury has cleared a north Suffolk man of allegations that he was sexually involved with a teenage schoolgirl.
Aaron Lummis, 34, walked free from Ipswich Crown Court on Monday after the verdict was announced.
It took the jury of seven women and five men less than an hour and a half to find Lummis not guilty.
During his trial, which began last week, the court heard how Lummis had described the allegations made against him by a 14-year-old girl as “disgusting and ridiculous.”
The girl had claimed that Lummis had taken her to an outbuilding at Broome, in Norfolk, where he had sex with her. She also said that he went on to indecently touch her on another occasion.
Lummis, of Magdalen Street, in Eye, had pleaded not guilty to six charges of sexual activity with a child between June and September last year.
The prosecution claimed that Lummis had allegedly taken advantage of a crush the girl may have had on him.
However, Lummis said that while the girl had repeatedly sent him text messages, the contents of which became increasingly familiar, he had informed her father and his own wife, and had not responded to the messages.
The allegations against him were “wild”, said Lummis, who added that he was determined not to let them tear his family apart.
The girl cannot be named for legal reasons.