Couple believed to be Philip and Ann Prior, of Bedfield, shot during robbery in Barbados
Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting of a married couple believed to be from north Suffolk in Barbados.
The couple are understood to be Ann and Philip Prior, 59 and 72 respectively, from Bedfield.
The couple were robbed during a stopover on their cruise holiday at Bridgetown.
In the process, Mr Prior was hit on his left side, and his wife was shot in her right thigh.
Mrs Prior has been released from hospital, while her husband is reported to be in a comfortable condition.
The BBC has reported that the couple were on a three-month P&O cruise around the Caribbean and South America on board the Adonia, which left Southampton on January 8, and is due to arrive back in the UK on April 3.
A Foreign Office spokesman said they were aware of the incident and providing consular assistance.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west