Chocolate and coffee ale challenges the tastebuds
A chocolate and coffee beer was one of the star attractions at the Yaxley Cherry Tree Winter Beer Festival.
The three-day event, held from February 8 to 10, featured live music, themed food days and 12 real ales, attracting around 350 visitors.
Landlord Andy Watts (pictured) said the chocolate and coffee beer came from The Evolution Brewery Company at King’s Lynn, an offshot of Elgoods Brewery. “It was a ‘marmite’ beer,” he said. “You either loved it or hated it. I loved it.”
Music came from The Harvs and Zoom Club and there was an open mic session on the Sunday. Foods ranged from ‘winter warmer’ dishes such as stews and curries, to a hog roast and a sausage festival featuring local sausages from Stuston Farm Shop and local butcher shops Laurels and Dunnetts, both of Eye.
The Cherry Tree’s Summer Beer Festival is planned for July 5 to 7 and Mr Watts is already lining up his selection of summer real ales.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
- Local inn scoops ‘excellence’ award
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East