Chance to vote for your green ‘champion of champions’
The chance to vote for the ‘Champion of Champions’ at this year’s Creating the Greenest County Awards is now on.
The awards’ new category invites members of the public to vote for their winner from a shortlist of previous winners from the past five years.
The event celebrates achievements in areas such as community carbon reduction, wildlife conservation and green space development.
The Champion of Champions award recognises an ongoing commitment to everything green. The top five have been selected by an independent judging panel.
They are as follows:
- Alde Garden - 2011 Winner of Business: Greenest Pub, Club or Hotel
- Bardwell Primary School - 2011 Winner of School: Waste and Recycling
- Birchwood Primary School - 2010 Winner of School: Building, Energy and Water and 2012 Winner of School: Greenest School
- Great Barton Village Hall - 2011 Winner of Community: Building, Energy and Water
- Guy Ackers - 2010 Winner of Green Community Hero
The award winners will join a group of organisations and individuals recognised for their efforts in ‘Creat[ing] the Greenest County’.
People can now vote for their champion after watching a short film featuring each of the five nominees on the Greenest County website: www.greensuffolk.org/vote
Voting closes on March 24, and the winners will be announced at the awards ceremony at The Apex, Bury St Edmunds, on March 28.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west