Burston class enjoys a boom in numbers
The 17 new Reception children at Burston Primary School have settled well into school life and are enjoying having lots of playmates around them as part of a larger than usual class.
This year, an influx of siblings has seen Reception pupil numbers triple.
The children have joined six Year One pupils and are all looked after by class teacher Nikki Rawclisse and teaching assistants Julie Botwright, Adele Smith and Claire Cason.
Their topics for the second half of the Spring Term will range from Stories From Other Cultures and the Great Fire of London, to Caring for the Environment and Healthy Living, and the Celebration of Easter.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- Firefighters called to straw fire in south Norfolk
- Martial arts opportunity aids therapy for 12-year-old Diss Tourette’s sufferer
- Smallest library in Suffolk celebrates tenth anniversary
- Local college raises nearly £800 through sale of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for Royal family-supported charity EACH
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east