Award for Banham cadet Gemma
Young St John Ambulance cadet Gemma Durrant, a member of the Banham unit, has been recognised for her commitment to the first aid charity with the presentation of one of its highest honours.
Gemma, 16, from Wretham, joined the Banham unit in 2010, and is to receive a Grand Prior Award, the highest accolade a cadet can achieve.
In 2012, she attended more than 500 hours of training and events. The award recognises her efforts in studying 24 different subjects and also passing her Adult First Aider qualification covering areas such as use of an Automated External Defibrillator.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west