Apple equipment helps north Suffolk children’s learning
The Reception pupils at Thorndon Primary School are well and truly being geared towards life in the 21st Century.
The six youngsters who form part of Class One have been using iPads in Lis Bowie’s classroom to learn about phonics.
Lessons are not always digital, though, as the children have been on bear hunts, learned about the Amazon and wildlife, and read books such as The Gruffalo, with more to come.
Miss Bowie teaches the class from Mondays to Thursdays, while headteacher Tamsin Little teaches the class - which also comprises Year One and Year Two pupils - on Fridays.
Help comes from teaching assistants Bridget Bibby and Sam Taylor, plus parent helper Jo Sewell.
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west