Air ambulance called to Diss after man collapses
An air ambulance was called to Diss yesterday after a man in his 80s collapsed.
Paramedics from a land ambulance arrived on scene in Victoria Road just before 11am where the man had collapsed.
He was airlited to West Suffolk General Hospital in Bury St Edmunds by the Magpas Helimedix air ambulance.
The Helimedix provided advanced life support, anaesthetising the patient before flying him to the hospital, monitoring his condition all the way.
On arrival at the hospital, the man was in a critical condition.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
- Local inn scoops ‘excellence’ award
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 25 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East