Scheme to help green businesses
South Norfolk businesses committed to ‘green’ tourism can take advantage of a scheme with help from The Boudicca Way project.
The voluntary body behind the 36-mile South Norfolk footpath is encouraging local businesses to apply for the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS) award - and is offering to pay the application fee for all successful applicants, on a first-come, first-served basis, in time for the 2013 season.
The certification scheme is open to hotels, B&Bs, visitor attractions, activity providers, cafes, restaurants, shops, and others.
It can help businesses identify ways to reduce their environmental impact, make cost savings through efficiencies and improve their public image to appeal to the increasing number of travellers who take eco-friendly factors into consideration when booking destinations.
Members of the scheme get on-site grading carried out by environmental professionals, access to comprehensive technical resources and a plaque.
Boudicca Way Project Leader Steve Falvey (pictured) said: “Becoming a member of the Green Tourism Business Scheme can give businesses that something extra to help them stand out from the crowd.” For further details see www.boudiccaway.co.uk
- Traffic queues in Diss after van is impaled on barrier
- Cameron hopes to become new King of Carrow Road
- Young south Norfolk woman jailed for Centre Parcs theft she allowed colleagues to be under suspicion for
- Child taken to hospital following collision with car in Diss
- Tributes flood in as north Suffolk village loses its second community champion in the space of a few months
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east