Award winning diet coach John Howard understands how hard it is to lose weight – andkeep it off. He lost seven stone in five months – and nine years on has kept his new shape.
One in five men die before they are 65, with experts expecting that more people will soon be dying from being overweight, or obese, than from smoking.
The good news is that we can all do something to ensure we have the best chance of living longer.
Ever since Tolga Gunduz, 24, can remember he had been obese. His first ever memory of being overweight was walking to school and a stranger stopped him and said: “You need to lose weight fat boy, look at you, you are like nine and you’re fatter than me.”
Tolga’s weight continued to be an issue through university and at work where he worked with food. But he sought one-to-one support to address why he was over-eating and went from a waist size of 53 inches trousers to 34 inches.
Now he feels he can achieve anything he wants to and feels amazing.
If you, like Tolga, have been struggling with your weight then remember:
1) Weight loss is serious business. Treat it that way and make a commitment to stop putting your life at risk.
2) Face your reflection – when you feel fat you probably avoid the mirror. Do the opposite and motivate yourself to action.
3) You don’t cancel the dentist. Why? Because you get charged whether you or not you go.
Commit to buying a package of personal training or dancing sessions and book all the appointments in your diary with your trainer.
4) Exercise to music, it keeps us going.
5) Enlist Fido. Walk yours more or borrow a neighbour’s dog if you don’t have one. Come rain or shine, you’ve got to get outside with pooch every day.
6) Make a promise. If you join a charity event to raise money and you stop your training, you’re not just letting yourself down, but also the charity and everyone who sponsored you.
And remember – you want to live to a healthy old age – give yourself the very best chance and stop being obese today, so you can feel as great as Tolga.
To read Tolga Gunduz’s story please visit: www.cambridgeweightplan.com/success-stories/41/tolga-gunduz and mine at www.cambridgeweightplan.com/JohnH
n Diet coach John Howard supports dieters on a one to one basis at Eye near Diss, and from Stowhealth GP centre in Stowmarket.
He helps people to lose about a stone a month and to no longer be unhappy with their weight.
He can be contacted on 0787 231 4653, 01379 678416, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org