Co-operative Travel, Diss, operating as normal in wake of Thomas Cook troubles
Anglia Co-operative has said its Diss store and 14 other travel branches in the East are operating as normal following speculation in the wake of the Thomas Cook Group warning of cutting staff and branches.
Thomas Cook announced on Wednesday that 2,500 jobs and 195 branches could be lost in a re-shape of the business – but did not reveal the stores on the list for potential closure.
Paul Dale, group specialist retail manager with the Peterborough-based retail co-operative, said: “The announcement of potential closures and job losses with Thomas Cook Group travel branches does not affect in any way those trading as Co-operative Travel and owned by Anglia Co-operative.
“Wednesday’s news was very unfortunate, but we want to assure all of our customers that it’s business as usual for us and their holidays are in safe hands.”
- BREAKING: Young motorcyclist from Eye who died in Fressingfield road crash yesterday is named
- Man, 25, from Eye dies after motorcycle collision in north Suffolk
- Man assaulted in hotel car park in Diss
- Is something sinister behind the missing Diss Mere Street chickens?
- Laptop and bank documents stolen during Diss burglary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west