Review: Sweeney Todd - Norwich Theatre Royal
I am not ashamed to admit that the gory tale of the demon barber of Fleet Street is right up my street and the Norfolk and Norwich Operatic Society brought it to life with perfection.
Stephanie Moore stepped into the shoes of Helena Bonham Carter to take on the role of Mrs Lovett, who is more than happy to cut up a priest to put into her pies, while Andy Gledhill played the remorseless Sweeney Todd, who disposed of his victims by pulling a lever on his barber chair, much to the delight of the audience.
Both delivered outstanding performances, vocally and characteristically and the entire cast, orchestra and crew should be congratulated for recreating this razor sharp musical, which pleased my eyes and ears.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
- Local inn scoops ‘excellence’ award
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East