Diss Express cartoonist Mike Webb set to exhibit new paintings
Diss Express cartoonist Mike Webb is set to unveil his latest exhibition at Diss Corn Hall- New Paintings.
The creator of Mere Quacks will be exhibiting his work once again following a successful exhibition in February 2011, which was one of the venue’s most popular events.
On display in the Corn Hall gallery from next Thursday, December 6, to December 21, there will be a mixture of new paintings and original drawings from his recent and memorable cartoons.
His subjects for his paintings are mostly of the fast disappearing aspects of rural living that he grew up with, often including man-made constructions and machines, but usually not man himself. Mr Webb does few portraits, but the exhibition will include one of the late Sheriff Bunny Patterson, a local character who featured in his cartoons many times.
The exhibition will be open Monday to Friday from 11am to 4pm and on Saturdays from 11am to 2pm. Admission is free. An evening viewing with Mike Webb will be held this Wednesday from 6pm to 7.45pm.
- Attempted theft of phone cabling in north Suffolk
- William Hill gets the go-ahead to open new betting office in Diss
- BREAKING: Home cordoned off after anti-tank grenade found in north Suffolk village
- Temperature forecast to drop combined with strong winds over the course of the week in the Diss Express area
- Obituary: Former Eye Primary School headteacher John Harvey
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Diss
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west